village girl at heart!

As soon as we bought the house I started looking for paintings close to my village roots and i found an artist who painted them flawlessly and fell in love with them. In the beginning when i saw the photos online i thought they are photos literally, but those are actually oil paintings and I was speechless by the details of the paintings.
Artist is S. Elayaraja and collection is Dravidian woman.
it's in my shopping wish list now!!

Each picture in the below bought the fond memories of my life in the village of my paternal grandma and the time i spend helping and doing chores along with her in the holidays.






The stages i went through from innocent child to adult married woman while i was there is still fresh in heart, and a big part of me for ever i guess.
If an artist can send you to memories and kept you there wondering around for a while with triggering emotions that artist is truly amazing and worth to talk about.
He is speaking your language through his art and the conversations are going on and on ......










photos are from Artist's site
text by ME

0 comments: