My daughters proud accomplishment


My daughter is asking for puppy as long as she could talk. That's 10 solid years!
she ask, beg, listened what i said, did what i ask, impressed me with extra chores, all her precious life every birthday and Christmas puppy is on top of the wish list and the list contains nothing but puppy.

Even my neighbors started recommending that how good girl she is and how responsible she is with their infants. 
how ruthless i am not granting her wishes.

My response for all her efforts are, cold blooded "NO"!
i tell her how hard to raise a puppy in here, how expensive the dog itself, what we suppose to do with it when we travel to India, my carpet, my furniture, my wood floor, my time, my sleep, my neatness....on and on.

As big the list of her reasons are for puppy, i come up with even bigger list to avoid the idea.
we both crushed inside she is not happy, i am not happy.
so many words exchanged between us out of frustration.
she spend all her money on buying soft toys, posters and games, video games related to puppies and she is obsessed with the dog.

i had enough of it and said save your allowance and buy your own puppy, i thought it's definitely impossible to a teenager to save hundreds of hundreds of dollars and takes years to accomplish that goal!
she took the challenge happily. 
she split her allowance in to half and saved brutally. she tell every one not expect anything from her as a gift or treat and she except only money as gifts.
she babysit, did extra chores and serious negotiation while asking for job, did all of that with so much devotion and hope.

My heart aches for her efforts but my reasons are strong too.
but this year my heart melt little, my daughter is old enough as well, to take responsibility.
last month we started serious online search for breeds which suite our criteria and budget. we decided on York shire.
last two weeks we are visiting pet shops for that breed but couldn't find one.
 what ever she sees in the store she wants to go home with that puppy and i am keep reminding her we should stick with our decision and she is so restless and not happy with me that, we are coming home empty handed and saying i am just acting but not serious. 
she gave me silent treatment for days and that's her friends idea in school.

On Easter Saturday we went there and Snow ball desperately waiting for owner just like owner is waiting for puppy.
4 month old Coton de Tulear, we can't even pronouns that name, all that preparation we never heard about this breed so i am clueless.
associate at the store said do you want to hold him, we said yes, after few seconds i ask, you want to take him home, my daughter look at me with twinkle in her eye and said Are you serious?
i said why not my heart says take him home, i ask questions to associate how big he grow? is his hair shed a lot? how much he cost?
all the answers are perfect!
let's take him home, adoption paper work took a long time and puppy in the box and my daughter out side they both are so restless and getting bored.

 she pay the bill with her savings including tax and proudly bought home, she announced that me and my husband are the new grand parents of that puppy and my son is the uncle.

i am so happy for her and the puppy. they meant to be together.


{words and pictures by me}

2 comments:

My 8 year old is on a similar mission!

 

lol,they don't give up, but it's totally worthy mission to consider