spring onion!

spring onion

my Chinese friend who lives across the street gave me 3-4 spring onion from her garden in sep o9 and warned me not to plant in the ground just plant them in a container since they spread a lot, but i didn't listen to her and planted them in the ground and now i harvested them since i am loosing place in my tiny patch and i have to remove them and replant them in the container just like she told me!

 new bulbs to plant
these are the new ones coming on top of the mature spring onion, what i have to do is separate them and plant them again. isn't that easy!


but the crop is great, i get rid of mature green but kept the fresh greens, onion bulbs and new bulbs to plant.
 now i have to look for recipes that i can use all of these fresh and healthy looking greens and onion bulbs. yey!




0 comments: