Television recollections!

When ever i say Tv time is over, my daughter and son are so hate me...one time she even ask me, amma did you ever watch tv when you grow up? i said yes! i do, we used to have "the" first color tv in our street;) and she said Oh! what is that supposed to mean? that means we are the only ones own color set and neighbors used to come to our house to watch tv, but my mom don't have to tell me that's enough watching for today or turn off tv and play outside or read a book instead of watching tv or anything like that! i am not saying i am really good at turning it off even before mom ask me to do, there are other frustrations involved, like, suddenly there is a power cut,  low signal of antenna, you are watching tv and suddenly screen turns to green with black dots ( why? because, now we have power at home but the tv station don't!) 
it happens all the time when you are watching your favorite show and that's it! you had enough of it! you are so mad at power station! tv station! satellites, scientists who build that satellite, the town you are living and dad who is not buying generator to back up tv, what not, so much frustration and you just go out and play, good part is your friends are out side waiting for you too:)
moms don't even have to involve in that drama. circumstances raise you well.
tv program's and commercials are so naive and pure.
they always represent the world out side of our town and our mindsets.
even you turn off tv in your house you always hear all the commercials and all the noise from next door or across the street :) Nirma...nirma...washing powder nirma!!!
Hamara bajaj .......Hamara bajaj
i found some in you tube to show it to my kids, my daughter saw some of them, she look at me and said, what are you doing to me? are you kidding me! hahahha! but i make myself sooooo happy!



To watch Jungle book we did all the chores what amma tell us to do in rocket speed :) unbelievable memory. Sunday is temper tantrum day for me, i don't want to go through warm coconut oil message from hair to toe. i want to watch cartoons in TV. boy this song reminds me of how much trouble i gave to amma. this is about early 1980 by the way.

I used to get emotional when ever i watch Mile sur mera thumhara , i still does and i strongly believe, this is the foundation to understand India as a country!
They used to play them over and over, so the music, dance, colors stuck in your head and feels like you are there doing all that by your self!

 
I still buy parle-g in America! ....just for nostalgia.                               classic!


 wow! companies put a lot of effort to convince Indian women in 80's


 kich kich goli                                                                 'zero' bacteria! that's funny!
                                                                          
i can't end this list without this ad....my dad own bajaj as far as i remember and i learn how to drive this and rode where ever i go as a teenager, in my bumpy village roads this scooter survived pretty good.

(video quality is not that good, i know, but still i want to put them here!) next i will start collecting serials i used to watch!

2 comments:

ha ha ha what a collection lavanya...
nirma add ...still achoing in my ears....

 

i know all those memories:)
thanks for visiting me again here!