food for talk

 Dinner table conversations are not as old fashion as we think, they give structure and routine for kids to thrive in family life and make memories of their own.

My husband is a man of few words, forget about sentences from him, so I always start the conversation, and I am the one who is the victim of their lack of  participation, not answering what i ask or wanted to eat while watching TV or total silence.

I tried a lot of ways to make this family communicate,
my son participated when i ask questions like
how was your day?
what is your favorite thing about today? 
what is your worst thing about today?
what are you thankful of?
but my daughter thinks they are boring and I am asking the same questions everyday over and over! and i should stop!
so i had enough of this torture with silence at dinner table from these family members for months and started looking for other ways and finally found and bought the food for talk cards!!!Food for Talk: Bringing Families Together One Conversation at a Time!







Now they want to keep on sitting and talk, we don't know until now the man of the house has so many shades hiding beneath his silence (my husband), i found out my daughter (15 now) knows wide range of topics and a wise young lady and she is interested to TALK WITH US NOW! my son (8 now) is such a joker and dreamer!
we can't wait to pickup the card and start the dinner every night and getting to know each other!!
   i am proud of myself that i didn't give up and the box is sitting in the middle of the table now as a miracle worker.
Great idea and a lovely find.










{written by me, photo from amazon.com}




0 comments: